Do you ever go a full day of “eating well” - no cheating or digging into the candy jar and then cave into your sweet tooth after dinner, but take it a little bit too far? I have been there. Try one (or two) of these healthy desserts!
I like to be prepared for my sweet tooth and have a variety of low-calorie dessert options available so I can satisfy my craving the healthy [but sweet] way. Here is 10 healthy dessert ideas from some of our favorite bloggers for you to indulge in [without the bulge]!
- Skinny Snickerdoodles — Chocolate Covered Katie
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble-Crisp — Gluten-Free Goddess
- Triple Almond Cherry Crumble Squares — Oh She Glows
- Coconut Shell Fruit Popsicles — Edible Perspective
- Chocolate Chip Zee Bars — Peas and Thank You
- Peach Frozen Yogurt — Running to the Kitchen
- Chocolate Fudge Balls —Pure2Raw
- Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake ‘Blizzard” (No sugar added) — Healthful Pursuit
- No-Way-These-Can-Be-Good-For-Me Chocolate Truffles — The Healthy Foodie
- Vegan Doughnut Holes — Rawmazing
Orange Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Yields 10 Macroons
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1T agave nectar/honey
- 1/4 cup whole raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2t orange extract
- 20-25 drops of liquid orange Stevia
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small food processor, process 1/4C of raw almonds, until chopped.
- Then, add in shredded unsweetened coconut and give a few more pulses.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 large egg white, salt, agave nectar, orange extract, and liquid stevia. Then, add in coconut/almond mixture. Mix.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture and pack firmly. Then drop the macaroons onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
Nutrition Profile: 48 cal | 4g fat | 3g carbs | 1g protein
Yippee, you get double bonus! Check out our “Healthy Treats” Pinterest Board for more healthy dessert ideas.
8/6/2012 at 1:30 PM