Meal planning was essential for the participants to stay within their budget. Creativity was also important in order to prepare diverse, healthy meals that are both inexpensive and tasty. The participants were no strangers to leftovers, but eating out proved to be beyond their budgets.
That’s a Wrap!
Check out each blogger’s personal recap of the #SurviveOn35 Challenge for some great insights and frugal eating tips.
- Bess Be Fit:#Surviveon35 Conclusion
- Mama Dweeb: 7 days of food, fam of 5, 109.78
- Frugal Fitness: My #SurviveOn35 Week’s Food Budget Experience
- The Lean Green Bean: #surviveon35: Recap & Thoughts
- Go The Xtra Mile: Final Recap of Survive on 35
- Meals and Miles: Final Thoughts on #Surviveon35
- A Gutsy Girl: Final Recap
- Julie Go Lean: Surviving Surviveon35
- A Black Girl’s Guide to Weight Loss: How to #surviveon35, In Whole Foods, Buying Organic
- Eat on the Run: Survive on 35 Final Thoughts
Choosing the best out of these fantastic folks was a challenge in itself! It was VERY tightly contested, but in the end we had to pick just two, based on creativity, taste, health, budget, and a few intangibles. The winners were announced last night during the #Surviveon35 Twitter chat.
And the winners are…
Lindsay wowed us with her organization, delicious meals and social engagement. She has chosen to donate her $1,000 to The Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
Your Challenge: Help Families Cook Healthy on a Budget!
The #surviveon35 is over. But now, Anytime Fitness is challenging you to step up and help low-income families learn how to prepare healthy meals through the Cooking Matters organization.
Donate to our Cooking Matters fundraiser and give the gift of healthy cooking to a family in need.
Special offer: If you donate by 8pm CST tonight (Friday, July 27), Anytime Fitness will match your donation dollar-for-dollar! That’s right, if you donate today, you’ll essentially double your contribution!
Every dollar counts. Please donate today!
7/27/2012 at 2:22 PM