At under $2.00 per dozen, eggs are inexpensive. Plus they provide your body with essential nutrients and protein, making them a healthy choice for a mid-afternoon snack. Hard boiling your eggs is a great method for snacking because they are easily transportable and there is little clean up. Ever wonder how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg? Just follow these five simple steps to get that golden yellow yolk every time.
What You’ll Need
- A medium size pot
- A large bowl
- 4 Large Eggs
- Place eggs in a medium size pot and fill it with room temperature water until the eggs are completely submerged.
- Then, bring the water to a rolling boil and immediately take off of heat.
- Next, let the eggs sit in the hot water, covered, for 13 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and submerge the eggs to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Gently crack the eggs on the counter-top and remove the shell. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Nutrition Profile (per egg)
71 kcal | 5g fat | 0g Carbs | 6g Protein
What is your favorite way to eat eggs?
6/27/2012 at 2:54 PM