It’s that time of year again—when sneezing and sniffling sound all too familiar. When you just causally walk past someone and they cough in your general direction. And you secretly freak out because you can’t miss another day of work! Don’t fall victim to a horrible virus this year; follow these tips to create a true safe haven in your home:
- Dust regularly. Don’t put if off as a bi-annual event. Removing dust from your living space can prevent allergic reactions, sinus infections and a weakened immune system.
- Put your vacuum to use. Vacuum twice a week. Look at it as a small arm workout!
- Keep your bedroom clean. Getting quality is sleep is the best way to stay healthy, don’t let poor cleaning habits get in the way of that.
- Sanitize and wash your hands. Washing your hands regularly can prevent viruses from spreading. Also, sanitize surfaces and other areas that dirty hands come in contact with.
- Air it out. Open your windows and get fresh air circulating. Many viruses can be spread airborne. Keeping a well-ventilated house can clear bacteria out of the air.
- Eat healthy. Keeping a supply of nutritious foods in your home can give your body the protection it needs to fight off colds and other viruses. Consuming adequate Vitamin D can help boost the immune system, so load up on seafood, milk, and other foods rich in Vitamin D.
Coming home from a “germ-infested” environment, such as work or school, you should feel safe and sanitary in your own home.
Tell the Community! What are your tips for fighting off a cold or virus?
Share in the comments below!
2/23/2012 at 10:20 AM