Still looking for a healthy holiday dessert recipe? These no bake, no sugar added Coconut Pecan Pie Bites are the perfect healthy holiday treat to bring into the office or to a party. They are made with three simple ingredients and are easy to whip up in a pinch of time. This recipe is packed with with healthy fats from the pecans and fiber from the dates, making this a not-so-bad kind of pecan pie to indulge in.
Healthy Coconut Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 lb. Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup + 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- Begin by removing the pits from 1 lb. of Medjool dates. To do so, simply squeeze the date and the pit should slide right out.
- Next, place 1 cup of shredded coconut into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the pitted dates, 1 cup of pecans, salt, and ½ cup of shredded coconut in a small food processor. Whirl together for ~1 minute or until it combines into dough. It will become very sticky and thick.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and roll between in your hands, creating a ball. Then, roll each ball in the bowl of shredded coconut. The coconut should have no problem sticking to the dough.
To store, place in an airtight container and refrigerate.
12/21/2011 at 11:34 AM